More and more organizations are offering tree-free and eco-friendly options to regular toilet papers as well as paper towels, napkins, and many other tissue paper items.
Most of these eco-conscious firms choose not to utilize chlorine, a common toxic chemical that is used to bleach toilet paper, which later pollutes the environment and can lead to chronic illnesses.
Tree-free toilet papers can be made using different materials. Most often, it’s a blend of bamboo and sugarcane bagasse; the gristly byproduct left after the sugar extraction.
This combination happens to produce some of the best toilet paper on the market because it’s softer than many recycled paper products.
Sugarcane and bamboo fibers are both incredibly durable, and they also decompose pretty fast back into the ground giving back to nature. Besides, sugarcane and bamboo are sustainable fast-growing grasses.
Sugarcane grows twelve inches every month, while timber grows only two inches per month. Moreover, bamboo does not require replantation since the cut stem only grows back in a couple of months.
Sugarcane and bamboo products are generally virgin fibers, which means they don’t need massive bleaching of dyes and inks as most recycled toilet paper products do.
Eco – sugarcane bagasse is broadly available, but in most cases, burned and discarded, releasing a lot of pollutants into the atmosphere.
That means, using sugarcane bagasse when making toilet paper prevents both burning and wasting.
1. Smitten – Premium Bamboo Toilet Paper
If you are conscious about the materials that make up your toilet tissue or are tired of using bad toilet paper, then Smitten Bamboo toilet paper is an excellent option for you.
Smitten Tissue Products refers to a family business created for the sole objective of producing a better and new toilet tissue for customers.
The Smitten Bamboo toilet paper is a 3-ply toilet product that is eco-friendly, healthy, comfortable, and also convenient to use.
This tree-free toilet tissue is made from organic bamboo as the primary raw material, a plant offering numerous benefits.
Bamboo grows fast and is sustainable because you don’t have to replant it since the cut stem grows back within a couple of months. Bamboo is biodegradable and compostable, which makes this product eco-friendly.
It also decomposes quickly back into the environment, which means that the Smitten toilet tissue breaks down entirely once it gets to your septic system.
Therefore, you will not have to worry about sewer clogs or drainage blockages in your home at all.
The Smitten toilet paper does not have any chemicals, dyes, inks, bleaching agents, or scented flavors. It’s also lint-free, antibacterial and hypoallergenic, making it safe to use on the skin.
Moreover, the toilet tissue is satin soft and does not cause any skin irritation, which makes it an ideal product for people with skin sensitivities. This toilet paper offers you a luxurious toilet paper without harming our planet.
- The Smitten bamboo toilet paper does not contain any dangerous chemicals. There are no dyes, inks, bleach agents, scents and, itchy glues used or added during manufacturing.
- This toilet tissue is an excellent option for sensitive skin and allergy relief due to its hypoallergenic formula and antibacterial properties.
- The Smitten toilet paper is septic-safe and biodegradable for all types of septic systems.
- The Smitten toilet paper is multi-purpose because you can utilize it for RVs, travel, camping, boats, and backpacking, among other things.
- The product is only available in bulk; you cannot buy in smaller quantities.
2. Bim Bam Boo – 100% Bamboo Toilet Paper
Bim Bam Boo refers to a 2-ply bamboo toilet paper specially designed for people with sensitive skin. This toilet paper is tree-free, 100% bamboo, and also certified by USDA BioPreferred Plant-Based.
The Bim Bam Boo toilet tissue is also septic safe as well as 100% biodegradable for sewer systems and individually wrapped in recyclable and compostable material.
Every toilet tissue contains approximately 308 sheets of paper. One pack usually includes a total of 24 rolls.
Bim Bam Boo toilet tissue is chlorine-free and does not contain any harsh chemicals. It’s also lint-free.
Since this toilet paper is hypoallergenic, it guarantees you that it is an excellent option for robust plumbing and sensitive skin.
It’s also incredibly comfortable when being used on the skin and does not leave behind any residues.
Bim Bam Boo comes in plastic-free packaging, which means it’s safe for the environment.
Even though the manufacturer of the product claims that it’s septic-safe, reviews from some customers indicate that this tree-free toilet paper does not break down pretty well in the sewer.
This drawback might lead to drainage issues in drainage pipes in older buildings.
- The Bim Bam Boo does not contain any harmful chemicals. There are no chlorine bleach agents, formaldehyde, itchy glues, and BPA used or added in the manufacturing process of the product.
- Due to the exclusive hypoallergenic formula, Bim Bam Boo is ideal for sensitive skin and assists users in experiencing allergy relief.
- This toilet paper is reliable when you look at its main component. It also is certified by USDA BioPreferred Plant-Based, as well as 100% Bamboo-based and Tree-Free.
- The toilet paper comes in plastic-free packaging and is individually wraped in fully compostable and recyclable paper.
- Although this Bim Bam Boo product claims to be septic-safe, some customer reviews indicate that it does not break down completely.
3. WHOLEROLL – Organic Bamboo Toilet Paper
WholeRoll is a 3-ply toilet paper that is made using organic bamboo. The toilet paper is relatively soft, sturdy, and it does not shed at all.
If you are the kind of individuals who are generally conscious of specific materials that make up your toilet paper, then this product might be the best option for you.
The product is Chlorine- and BPA-free, which means it’s safe to use on your skin. The WholeRoll organic toilet tissue is also septic safe, and it dissolves completely in the sewer system.
That means that your drainage system will be free from any blockages, especially if your sewer has an older plumbing system.
However, you should know that if you are already used to incredibly soft toilet paper, you may find yourself a bit uncomfortable when using this product from WholeRoll.
Some customer reviews also state that this organic toilet tissue is relatively stiffer than many other toilet paper out there.
Nevertheless, if you are keen on the structure of toilet paper, then this product is an excellent option for you.
- The toilet paper is unscented, lint-free, and does not contain any absorbents, or chlorine bleach. That means that the product is safe on the skin, making it perfect as a natural makeup remover.
- The WholeRoll toilet paper is more natural and better for cleaning the bum, and it’s multi-purpose and 100% organic.
- The WholeRoll toilet tissue comes in smart packaging, which makes it pretty easy to store, especially when you buy in bulk.
- This product is ideal for potty training because it provides a natural cleaner to the delicate bottoms of children. Moreover, the whole family can use this organic toilet paper because it gives a natural cleaning.
- Although its environment-friendly, this toilet paper does not guarantee ultimate softness. Some users might find it rougher than conventional toilet paper.
4. Dream Bright – 100% Virgin Bamboo Pulp Toilet Paper
Dream Bright toilet paper is a 3-ply product made from 100% organic bamboo pulp. Earth Friendly Bamboo grows typically faster than other trees, and are also sustainable.
It does not require fertilizers or any pesticides and is usually ready to harvest as fast as three to four months.
Bamboo also assists in slowing global warming since it removes carbon dioxide from the air and releases approximately 35% more oxygen than the trees, which means that the tissue paper is eco-friendly.
Bamboo also provides the unique attribute of enjoying some incredible antibacterial properties, which are vital to ensuring its impressive regenerative abilities and longevity in nature.
When bacteria try to grow and embed on the toilet paper fibers, the natural resistance of the unique antimicrobial agent known as Bamboo Kun fights the bacteria, which later protects the tissue keeping your toilet paper sterile and fresh.
Bamboo is generally virgin fibers, which means that they don’t require massive bleaching of any dyes and inks, unlike most recycled paper products.
Due to this reason, the manufacture of Dream Bright toilet paper does not use any chemicals during the production process, which makes it safe to use on the skin.
Moreover, this toilet paper is septic safe, which means that it breaks down entirely once it gets into your septic system.
- Bamboo and sugarcane raw materials are the primary resources used in making Dream Bright toilet paper, this tissue is eco-friendly, and it gives you a more sustainable alternative to the tree-based options that are out there.
- The product is free of chlorine bleach and other harmful chemicals, which makes it pretty safe to use on the skin.
- Dream Bright toilet paper is usually septic-safe and completely biodegradable for all types of septic systems. It breaks down entirely once it gets to your sewer system.
- The packaging of the product is not entirely biodegradable, but the manufacturer is in the process of developing new compostable packaging.
5. Caboo – Tree-Free Bamboo Toilet Paper
Caboo tree-free toilet paper created from sugarcane and bamboo; these two resources are fast-growing and are also sustainable.
The manufacturer of this product does not use any harmful chemicals during the production process.
The toilet paper is chlorine – and BPA-free. Apart from that, the product does not contain any GMOs, parabens, and fragrance.
That’s because sugarcane and bamboo products are generally virgin fibers, which means they don’t need massive bleaching of dyes and inks as most recycled toilet paper products do.
Instead of using harmful chemicals, the toilet paper is whitened using hydrogen peroxide, and it’s also hypoallergenic-free.
Therefore, Caboo Tree-Free toilet paper is an ideal product for people with chemical sensitivities.
This product is also septic safe because sugarcane and bamboo fibers are both incredibly durable, and they also decompose pretty quickly back into the environment.
That means that you will not have to worry about sewer clogs or any blockage issues because the Caboo toilet paper will break down entirely during the septic process.
One major drawback of Caboo toilet paper is that users might find it harsher than conventional two-ply toilet papers.
Besides, in spite of being two-ply, this toilet paper is pretty thin, which means you might find yourself utilizing more to make up for it.
The product is also not as soft as a regular two-ply, so you might confuse it with a single-ply toilet paper.
- Since bamboo and sugarcane are the primary resources used to make the Caboo toilet paper, this product is environment-friendly, and it provides you with a natural and sustainable option compared to conventional tree-based toilet papers.
- The Caboo toilet paper is multi-purpose because people can use them for RVs, travel, camping, boats, and backpacking, among other things.
- This product is septic-safe as well as 100% biodegradable for all types of sewer systems.
- Although the Caboo toilet paper is a two-ply product, the tissue is incredibly thin, and most people think it’s a single-ply.
Factors to Consider When Buying Tree-Free Toilet Papers
Choosing a suitable toilet paper can be essential, which means you should keep your preferences and own situation in mind when considering your options.
Here are some of the main factors you should consider when shopping for tree-free toilet papers.
When you are deciding on the ply to purchase, you will have to make some compromises. In general, a single-ply utilizes less material and offers you up to five times more toilet sheets per roll than a higher ply.
However, it can be pretty rough and less comfortable to the skin when using it.
On the other hand, a 3- or 2-ply toilet paper is remarkably softer on your body, which can be incredibly surprising if made from a less soft material.
Nonetheless, it utilizes more material, and you will probably find yourself going through rolls at a faster rate.
When trees are processed into soft white toilet paper, some harsh chemicals are used in the production process.
Chemicals such as BPA, bleach, and chlorine are often found in toilet tissue made from both recycled papers as well as trees.
Some of these chemicals and additives can be quite harmful to both the environment and human beings, which means it’s good to look for toilet paper that explicitly outlines that it is manufactured without such chemicals.
If you have a septic toilet in your home, you probably know that you should buy toilet paper that is specially made to break down once it gets in your septic system.
However, if you do not have a septic toilet, it still makes a lot of sense to purchase toilet paper that is septic safe.
There are many advantages that you can enjoy from buying septic safe toilet paper.
For one thing, buying toilet paper that will break down easily will assist you in preventing any pipe blockages, which are toilet paper-related, which can give you some peace of mind, especially if you live in an older building.
Moreover, septic safe toilet paper that breaks down easily won’t end up in a landfill.
Most toilet paper is usually designed to break down, but a bit of it does not dissolve, and it ends up contributing to waste in the environment.
4. Tube-Free Rolls
Most toilet paper typically comes wrapped around some cardboard tubes to assist in retaining shape.
When you seriously think about it, these tubes are not entirely necessary, and that’s why some of the manufacturers have eliminated them.
If you are keen on reducing waste in your home, then buying tube-free toilet rolls might be something you should consider when shopping for tree-free toilet paper.
Besides, you should know that the toilet paper may not unroll as quickly as you’d expect and can even be a bit messy once you get towards the end of the roll.
5. Look for Some Tree-Free Materials Such as Bamboo & Recycled Paper
When it comes to the raw materials that make eco-friendly toilet paper, there are two main options: recycled paper and bamboo.
Each has its strengths and weaknesses, so it’s good to be aware of the differences before you make your purchase.
6. Official Logos & Seals
When shopping for tree-free toilet paper, you should look for something that assures you that the toilet paper is environment-friendly.
One of the quick in helping you ascertain whether the eco-friendly claims are valid is to look for any logos or seals from official organizations.
Some of the most common agencies you will find in most products are EcoLogo, the Forest Stewardship Council certification, and Green Seal.
Nevertheless, it’s significant to keep in mind that just because a toilet paper roll comes with a green label does not automatically guarantee that it’s a high-quality product.
On the other hand, if a toilet paper roll doesn’t come with a seal that does not make it a bad or a low-quality product, either. Use your judgment on what’s best for you.
Everyone has their unique idea of ideal toilet paper, and finding one brand that works pretty well for your body can be challenging.
However, things can even become more challenging if you are conscious about the primary resources your toilet tissue is made of and also an environment lover.
Finding a tree-free toilet paper without some plastic packaging is quite impossible in many stores, leaving customers to search the internet for a product that everybody uses and needs every day.
For the green consumers who’ve already eliminated tree products and single-use plastic packaging from their lives, there’s only one product that makes a plastic- and tree-free life challenging: an eco-friendly toilet paper.
Through in-depth researching and testing, we have compiled a list of the best tree-free and eco-friendly toilet paper on the market for you.
We hope this comprehensive guide will assist you in finding the best tree-free toilet paper for you and your family.
As with lots of things that are suitable for the environment, you will likely be forced to make some compromises.